Slow Cooked Pork Ribs & Pineapple (Mu Op Sapparod-หมูอบสัปรด)
A wonderful dish of slow cooked pork ribs in a pineapple & wine sauce. The pineapple does more than flavour this dish, the acidity of the pineapple softens the ribs as they cook, so the meat practically falls off the bone. Mirin sake is a brand of japanese spirit, if you can’t get hold of it, use white wine.
300 gms Pineapple
500 gms Pork Ribs
3 Tablespoons Oil
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
3 Tablespoons White Wine Or Mirin Sake
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
600 ml Water
1. Clean the pork ribs, chop into 4-5cms pieces, if you don’t have a cleaver, get your butcher to do this.
2. Cut the pineapple into similar sized pieces.
3. Put the oil in a pan and preheat.
4. Fry the ribs just to brown the outside and make the fat a little crispy.
5. Put all the ingredients into a saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer over a low heat until the water has reduced by more than half. This takes an hour or so.
Comment This Menu : Thai food Recipes With Facebook